Rapid prototyping refers to the fast design and development of multiple versions of a product or part for testing and evaluation. Product design teams across a variety of industries rely on rapid prototyping services to help them speed new products to market.
At CEP Technologies, we design and build a number of metal stamping tools for global markets. Specializing in miniature-to-small EMI/RFI shielding, electrical and automotive components, and press fit pins, we’ve positioned ourselves as a worldwide source for light-gauge progressive die work. Our services and production methodology are rooted in the needs of our clients, many of whom are working on critical products that will ultimately improve the lives of people everywhere.
Types of Rapid Prototyping
CEP specializes in a variety of processes that allow us to rapidly develop and produce prototypes:
- Rapid CNC machining. This methodology is recommended for materials cut from very thick stock. We offer both CNC milling and CNC turning capabilities, allowing us to develop and ship prototypes from many designs within a week of order placement.
- Rapid sheet metal fabrication. Metal fabrication is recommended for flat metal prototypes that need to be evaluated in their final production material. Most companies will order two or more designs at the same time, as it’s more cost-effective. CEP Technologies can typically provide fabricated parts with lead times of one week.
- Rapid injection molding. This plastic molding process produces durable sets of identical parts for testing, as well as multiple backup parts. CEP Technologies fulfills orders for both high-fidelity evaluations and bridge tooling for temporary production. Injection-molded parts take between 2–3 weeks for tooling development and production. Rapid injection molding makes it possible to order higher volumes at a higher degree of geometric accuracy.
Rapid Prototyping Applications
When timing matters, rapid prototyping quickly delivers cost-efficient models to you and helps you trim days, weeks, or months off of standard development timelines. CEP builds prototypes to mirror the final products with exceptional accuracy. When product designers don’t have time for endless hypothesizing, rapid prototyping delivers the following benefits:
- Design flexibility. Rapid prototypes make it possible for designers and engineers to make design adjustments and perform functionality tests on live part models without having to wait for full-scale production.
- Visualization. A physical version of the product helps developers and manufacturers identify and fix potential design flaws or manufacturability problems before over-investing in a faulty design.
- Communication. Instead of speaking purely in the abstract, a physical prototype makes it possible to discuss concerns in concrete terms based on a near-perfect model of the final version.
Rapid prototyping is used in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, consumer products, medical, oil and gas, and more. This prototyping method provides a versatile option that companies have come to rely on to save time and money on a larger scale.
Rapid Prototyping Services at CEP Technologies
CEP Technologies knows what delays can do to your production process. Our Proof of Concept prototyping is built to move as quickly as possible without sacrificing durability or quality. We pride ourselves on our state of constant readiness that allows us to cut through the red tape when manufacturing and shipping your order. When you’re ready to bring your product to market, we deliver your prototypes without delay.
Our prototyping services include:
- Progressive die stamping
- Laser cutting
- Photo-chemical etching
Rapid Prototyping with CEP Technologies
When you need to quickly test part variations, rapid prototyping provides the solution. As a respected provider of rapid prototyping services, CEP Technologies understands how important this process is to our clients. From the initial request to the final shipment, our customers know they can count on us for speed, quality, and discretion.